Old 10-14-11, 07:03 PM
Streetwaves

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this from cycling in the cold or is there something else wrong? Throat problems

Hey guys. Recently I've done some cycling after I get home from work at about 6-7PM. As hot as it is here during the day, it's actually been pretty cool around this time (in the low 60s, high 50s). But here's my problem...

About 3 weeks ago I developed a sore throat, on the part of my throat by my collarbone. It didn't go away for two weeks, and I also realized that occasionally I was noticing my pulse a lot more in my throat. After the two weeks I went to the doctor and they gave me antiobiotics which did nothing.

Basically it's unchanged. Only two symptoms are sore throat in that area and maybe what you'd call heart palpitations. I don't think I'm short on breath, and my heart rate seems to be unaffected for the most part. I do feel the throat pulse more if I do anything physical though, but can occasionally feel it without it.

*But I should mention that I have always been a hypochondriac and feel that anything which doesn't go away in a matter of days is probably cancer, so that anxiety might be causing the heartbeat stuff. I'm also only 21 and have never drank or smoked so cancer seems unlikely, haha.

What do you think? Is it from repeatedly riding in the cold? The soreness is a dull pain, not anything too bad. Just feel it when I breathe.