Old 10-15-11, 11:54 AM
basily

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crap product

Well, I'm on my second hub now; SA graciously replaced the first (well, it took a couple of weeks, I had to pay for a new one, and then was reimbursed a couple of months later...) And it's still a crap product. Somewhere along the way SA has lost site of producing well designed, quality products. The X-RDC is neither.

My second hub has now failed with less than 1000km on it. The cartridge bearings have come loose (!!!) I couldn't figure out how to get them out to put in new ones as I've never had a hub with such bearings before, and trying to bang them out as my bike mechanic friends suggested didn't seem to be going anywhere. I finally got a local bike shop the get the old cartridge bearings out, and they were in fact shot. Now, unfortunately, neither I nor the bike shop can figure out how to get the new cartridge bearings in past the pawl teeth on the drive side of the hub, and I'm getting now help at all from SA.

My wife's bike with the same hub is happily still running well, I just hope we don't have any in-tour disasters with that one too...

At this point I've wasted a ridiculous amount of money and time on these hubs, and I'll only be happy with a complete refund from SA, including all shipping and the spokes I had to buy to build these wheels (I doubt they'll be the right length for any other build).