Old 10-16-11, 12:39 AM
chasm54
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by electrik
Haha, that doesn't mean the helmet CAUSES the injury. Typical you fail to present any balanced view as to which injury the helmet has prevented since cyclist started wearing them. I am speaking about a reduction of head injury here. Not a very honest way for you to go about things.
But if you are talking about a reduction in head injury it Is you that is being dishonest, because more helmets have not resulted in fewer injuries.

As to your earlier point, many years ago I did crash into a van, at speed, making contact with the van with my head and putting a considerable dent in the vehicle. Had I been wearing a helmet I may have been convinced that the helmet saved my life. Fortunately, I wasn't. I was fine.

Does this prove that helmets are useless? Of course not. Do all the "my helmet saved my life" anecdotes prove they are useful? Of course not. The facts are that mandating the use of helmets has tended to reduce the numbers of people cycling, without reducing the already low incidence of injury to those that remain. That is inconvenient, to say the least, for those of you who insist that helmets are necessary.