Old 07-07-05, 03:56 AM
mac
They see me rollin'

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale T2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see what you're saying, but it's a bad idea. We have enough laws at it is that covers all of the situations you described:

then all four jumped out and proceeded to kick and punch my vehicle.
Assault and battery. We have laws against this.

I have also had several incidents with road rage particularly truckers who get within inches of my bumper, pass me, and before they get all the way around, intentionally cut in to run me off the road
Assault with a deadly weapon. We have laws against this.

thrown from moving vehicles: cans, bottles, full and empty, flaming roll of toilet paper, brake drum, food, urine.
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon. We have laws against this.

allowed her large dog to bark within inches of my face for about 20 seconds, then rolled up the window enough to back the dog off and proceeded to tell me she hopes I rott in hell.
Everyone's entitled to their opinions. As long as she did not attempt to injure you with her vehicle or sic her animal on you, she did not assault you. Be careful as you as treading into an authoritation form of government where people's thoughts are regulated.

one of the competitors, had a truck with four persons in it throw gasoline on him.
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon. We have laws against this.

We need to introduce a Bill that would include individuals mistreated with intent to harm or damage
No we don't. It will only create more bureaucracy, more government waste, not do a damn thing at all, and raise our taxes. All that needs to be done is for the existing laws to be enforced. Using vehicles in any way to injure a cyclist or a pedestrian is assault with a deadly weapon. The drivers should be charged and punished accordingly. Enforcing the existing laws will reduce crime, more legislation will not.