Old 10-18-11, 04:38 PM
mazdaspeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaytron
Yup! I went with a 52, because the ST is real weird, it had a 56cm ST on the size 52, and a short 52.5cm TT. But I'm making up for it by getting a longer stem than my last bike. What components are you running? Looks like it may be Tiagra also Our setups may be quite similar.

I forgot to buy waterbottle cages. Time to ebay some sweet crabon fibre cages.
105 shifters, dura ace derailleurs, ultegra brakes, truvativ elita gxp crankset (heavy @ 900g w/bb but it works well enough). For some reason the nashbar frames have short top tubes relative to the seat tube as you've noticed, I am using a 120mm stem. The frame size is actually very close to my vintage bikes which have a ~2cm longer st than tt (58/56). It works out pretty well because IME bikes seem to handle and fit better with longer stems, most people use too short of stems it seems like (cue adriano). Another thing about the frame sizing is it provides a taller head tube so you don't need a massive spacer stack to get the bars at the right height. It's better to go higher/longer than shorter/shorter. Good luck with your build!