Old 10-19-11, 08:55 PM
mawtangent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To the OP...I think it is cool to learn how to work on bikes and get the tools for that. I would like to have more fix-it skills (I can fix flats and adjust derailers but I don't know how, or have the tools, to do stuff like switch out cassettes etc). I know you are having fun with bikes but at the same time you jokingly suggest you are flirting with an addiction. If the bike thing is impacting other parts of your life in a negative way then it could arguably be called an addition. I've collected about 7 bikes in various conditions over the last 5 years. I learned a few things about varying quality of bikes and what types of bikes and what components that I like to ride. I have a sub-$100 "mountain" bike and a road bike with 105 shifters/derailers. I feel the need to get rid of at least a few bikes. I find that keeping cycling simple and relatively inexpensive helps me to continue enjoying it. Just throwing that out there. It sounds like you are young and having fun. Someday you might choose to divert some of your time and money into other areas.