SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sknhgy
How can I get in touch with someone besides this Heather person at Specialized? All she will tell me is to take it back to the shop. The shop is wanting to "experiment" some more. Is there someone higher up at Specialized I can contact?

"I would send this email to the president of Specialized, the district manager, customer service," How can I find out who these people are? I've spoke with CS but like I said earlier, they tell me to take it back to the shop.
Hey there Sknhgy!

Write a personal but certified letter to:

Mr. Mike Sinyard CEO
Specialized Bicycle Corporation
Morgan Hill, CA., USA

Include within the letter your personal experiences with the bicycle. Make certain that you include the number of times that you've taken this lemon to the LBS for repair. Make certain that you give dates. Explain how it appears as though your getting " the run-around-treatment". Explain to him that you are dependent solely upon a well-conditioned bicycle with which to commute.

Make certain that you tell him that this problem has been ongoing ever since the first day you got it home. Let him know that you took it to the nearest Specialized Bike Shop, only to have them say that the problem was resolved, when only a day or so later, the problem would reappear. It has reappeared six times in a row. Everytime it reappears, you take it to the Specialized "experts", at the Specialized LBS. Let him know, that you're not doing anything unusual with the bike. You've owned bikes before and that this one is the strangest and most problematic.

Tell him about Heather and the run-around scenario and that you don't want to deal with Heather or the "experts" anymore. Tell him that you bought a new bike, with the expectations of being able to ride it. Also, let him know that you sacrificed many things and chose Specialized because of its stellar reptutation for bicycle quality and customer service. Make sure that you mention the fact that you were considering other bikes from other manufacturers, but selected "Specialized" in preference to the others, because of their reputation.

Let him know that even after this tedious ordeal, you would still like to continue to do business with Specialized, because you would like to maintain your high level of respect for the Specialized company and their products. Tell him that all you really want is what you thought you bought not eight months ago, a new bike!

Then finally, ask "Mr. Sinyard", what you should do.

(Send this letter as Priority Mail and make certain that you track it)

- Slim

PS.

Thus far, you've done everything you should have been expected to do. If the LBS you've been taking it to, is an authorized Specialize dealership, then you've completed your obligations in terms of making the required effort to resolve the problem. You shouldn't have to take your bike to multiple bike shops. You've done enough and you've suffered enough. Enough is enough!

Last edited by SlimRider; 10-20-11 at 08:00 AM.