seeker333
-

Bikes: yes!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainCool
Bookmark this thread, come back in three months, and tell us if that is still the case.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...shlights/page6
I was gonna say "Oh yeah? Wait..."

OP, I hope those flashlights continue to serve you well. I have to say nearly all the rechargeable cells I purchased from DX have proven to be good deals.

I have not had the same good experience with their flashlights. I bought 4 lights from DX three years ago. One worked as described and still works today, bought in my first small "test" order. For my larger second order, they sent me one dead light and one that worked half-assed. The dead light was returned and replaced by another nearly-dead light that was rendered slightly usuable after much tinkering. That's about 2 out of 4 lights working to normal expectations.

In contrast, I've bought 6 lights from Shiningbeam, all worked perfectly from the beginning and still work today, 3 years later. They cost no more than the similar DX lights I bought.

DX is basically a clearinghouse for defective goods, IMO. DX knows only a minority will go to the trouble to return defective merchandise. I bothered to return a ~$45 DOA light to their FL-based "US returns center", but they wouldn't refund cash, instead they offered a replacement. The replacement they sent was dead too. At this point I'd dealt with them for 5-6 weeks, gave up and never dealt with them since.

I take feeble revenge on those thieving bastards by offering warnings whenever the opportunity arises. I like to think my message will eventually cost DX more in lost sales than I lost making a poor decision to buy from them in the first place. BTW, at the time there were a couple people shilling relentlessly for DX flashlights in this forum, and P7 emitters and flashlights had just debuted at the time. Mods eventually banned the shillers.

Here's what I thought about DX nearly 3 years ago, posted in the same thread linked by CaptainCool above:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post8124789

Last edited by seeker333; 10-20-11 at 10:12 PM.