Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by billyymc
Ok - it's all different then. Water crossings in clean water - no big deal. Try riding in muck as thick as warm fudge for a few hundred yards at at time, or down a trail the doubles as a stream. My drivetrain has been caked with muck and still didn't get chain suck to cause the problem like the OP is having.
Another my mud is thicker than mud story eh? Well, climbing up a mountain 10 miles in the rain, some 15-20% grades, somewhat single track, mud, water crossings, using a Trek 8000 26'er with XT, my buddy using a $5000 carbon fiber Ibis 29'er with XTR components and we both get chain suck. He carries "Brake free" (?) for this reason, so that he can clean off his chain during rides.

You must be riding a pretty fine bike across that fudge to avoid any kind of chain suck problems.

I just remembered something, anyone that knows bikes can back me on this.

If you've ever watched a pro cross race, he pros have the finest bikes available. Now if there is no chainsuck problem in mud, then explain why they go through a pit stop type area where they switch bikes?

Could it be so that someone can wash off their drive systems and tires to n order to prepare for the next few laps? If you have no problem with chainsuck and fudge mud, you ought to put your anti chainsuck super lube on the market, I'm sure the pros would benefit and appreciate it.

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 10-23-11 at 03:23 PM.