Old 10-25-11, 05:21 PM
borobike
Dept. store bike bandit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nfmisso
Something like this might be more $$ workable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Premium-...item2c5e8cc219

I just searched ebay for "brown saddle" and sorted by lowest price first.
I could, but I'm striving for the legendary Brooks comfort as well! This bike might be my go-to for future long distance rides. I'll have to see how the Vitesse does first, it actually has proven to be a pretty comfy saddle so far. But, if I do spring for the Brooks, I'll likely be asking for it as a Christmas present.

Here's the finished pics of my vintage ride:

You'll have to excuse the component pics, it's been ridden a bit so they're not completely dirt-free...

And lastly here's the cockpit with everything attached...

Total bike weight comes up to 31 pounds, not too bad for a less expensive all steel road bike. As I mentioned earlier, it rides really nice. The Denali is certainly faster though. But that's good, I don't want them to be too similar in how they ride, otherwise it somewhat defeats the purpose of having two bikes.

Starting the odometer on the new bike at 0. I'll be keeping tabs on this one as well!

So to start with, a couple of issues noted from yesterday's group ride:

One, the front wheel vibrates when braking sometimes. Pretty sure it's a headset issue. Tightened it up and we'll see if that fixes it.

Second, I was getting some intermittent creaking while pedaling. Aside from blaming it on the bike's age, I also found one of the cotter pins was a little loose from my maintenance. Tightened it back up and we'll see how it goes.

No further issues. I find downtube shifters work great but they also encourage me to shift less. Not entirely a bad thing, it encourages me to think ahead.

More later!

Last edited by borobike; 10-25-11 at 05:38 PM.