Old 10-28-11, 05:32 PM
BridgeNotTunnel
TortoiseNotHare

Bikes: Giant Escape 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm impressed, and glad you came out ok.

Vandals are real.

The chinese food delivery guys who work in the restaurant next to my building were definitely tampering with my bike in an effort to discourage my use of the bike rack right out side my building.

They popped my rear tire, loosened the quick release on my front tire, put axle grease on my frame from their e-bikes, and possibly were responsible for some damaged spokes.

One day I became fed up and walked into the restaurant with video rolling on my smart phone and started questioning the woman at the counter. I basically told her that I was positive they were responsible due to the fact that they were the only other people who used it and constantly are by the rack (they have four delivery guys).

After some dirty looks from the delivery guys I realized that they got the message. One of them seemed to almost admit guilt by telling me, "that's your bike? It's safe now, no worries."

I haven't had a single problem since.

Public rack, I get there first, my spot, period.

Other people told me what some of you said, "move your bike....", I'm too stubborn for that apparently, and this time it worked out.