View Single Post
Old 10-30-11, 10:48 PM
modernjess
ride for a change

Bikes: Surly Cross-check & Moonlander, Pivot Mach 429, Ted Wojcik Sof-Trac, Ridley Orion. Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i really like my Rivendel designed nitto albatross bars. They do however put you in a more upright position than drops or mustache bars, but its comfy to me, they may not be for you though

You've determined you don't like flat bars which is understandable as they truly suck. But I think one way to help make the decision is to really think about it while you are riding. So on your daily rides over several days and conditions, move your body position around a bit and be honest about where if you could put your hands anywhere your true comfortable hand position(s) would be. Take note of them, measure it if you can, and then find a bar/stem combo that will put you hands right there. That's how i ended up with the albatross bars. It seems pretty simple but I think people get caught up in what they think should have on their bike for whatever reason instead of what they'd really enjoy having.