View Single Post
Old 10-31-11, 03:01 AM
Gareth

Bikes: 2006 Falcon Explorer Hybrid, 2008 Landrover Visalia Crossover, 2010 Cargo Cycles Senton, 2010 Cargo Cycles Capability, and a 2001 AVD quad pedi-van, 1980 Peugeot Carbolite 10sp racer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 7 Posts
I have received several emails asking for photos and information of my quad pedal powered tool carrier.

This is a commercial prototype project for me: I have invested a lot of money into it, and I will not be posting any "spoilers" until I am ready to launch into the market place, which will be in about 5-6 months time to coincide with the the start of the main European growing season.

What I am prepared to tell you about the project at the moment is the following:

4 wheel drive pedal powered quad, with freewheeling style jack shafts (at the moment) to the front wheels, (in-house developed) differential to the rear wheels, with a manually engaged "lever on, spring off" diff lock.

Lockout lever and latch manual mechanically selectable steering modes: Front only wheel steer, rear only wheel steer, and all wheel steer.

Common attachment quick change for front, rear and centre tool mounting.

Up to an additional 24 inches of adjustable row crop style wheel width settings in 4 inch increments with quick no tool adjust tie rods incorporating full Ackerman steering at all pre-set width settings.

This pedal powered project quad was not designed for field work and will never be suitable for this, but has it has been designed for yard, stall and glasshouse work