View Single Post
Old 11-03-11, 06:17 PM
Kojak

Bikes: 2002 Litespeed Vortex - 2007 Trek Madone 5.9 - 2004 Redline Conquest Pro - Specialized S-Works Festina Team Model - 93 Cannondale M 800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmio
hahaha, reminds me of 90 percent of the people here in Oklahoma. so many fat disgusting people here! My wife and I are definitely minorities here, and when I say minorities i'm referring to BMI under morbidly obese. We just moved here and are surprised on the amount not only lard a$$'s but how many people that are just plain disgusting. lack showers, don't brush teeth, have the worst manners. I don't understand where they come from, but wow, it is a real eye opener, or eye closer depending on the severity of cottage cheese thighs. oh and yes people here are ignorant to cyclists, I commuted for a few weeks on some busy roads. NEVER AGAIN, peoples IQ's are probably on average 30 points lower here and I am not putting my life in their hands. I stick to neighborhoods now, but in those few weeks i had things thrown at me, water, wrappers, even coke cans. Everyone here believes that you should be on sidewalks, i rarely took the lane, gave plenty of room for people to pass, but they are Hillbilly pieces of crap and white trash marlboro smoking dirty *****s!

on a positive note, I love the trails here, love the sunshine, my job and my entire family lives here. I have a year left on my contract here, don't know if I'll stay, but in the next year I plan on visiting parts of California, Arizone, Oregon, and Colorado. I'm an experienced trauma nurse and don't think finding a job anywhere will be a problem, at least google told me that, hahaha
Be careful if you visit Portland.... nearly overnight, you'll be transformed from a highly compensated trauma nurse into an impoverished frame builder sleeping on a futon mattress in an old warehouse trying to figure out how to make a buck in the bike business. You'll have a voila moment and build a bike that has huge market potential, roll it out at the NAHBS and then Trek will "borrow" the design and sell thousands of complete bikes for less than it cost you to build just the frame. No one knows how this happens, but the stories are true.