View Single Post
Old 11-05-11, 02:54 PM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Baj32161, do read the links I provided in the first post. Victoza isn't for everyone. There are some significant warnings and I wouldn't suggest that anyone use it if they can control their diabetes using the usual meds--plus diet and exercise. Maybe if I had been better at exercise and eating earlier in life, I wouldn't need to use Victoza now. But, Victoza really works for me and the benefits far outweigh the dangers...at least for me.

Thanks. I bought a fair amount of cool/cold weather gear so I can keep up the good work during this chilly season. I'm contemplating getting a new bike, either a hybrid or road bike next spring for my birthday. The bike I have, the Diamondback Edgewood LX, is not the greatest but is serving me well. I just need to convince she-who-must-be-obeyed that it's a good idea(really, my wife is a WONDERFUL partner and she won't have an issue--been married 29 years June 2012) I'm going to see if I can sell off a couple of things(not bike related) to reduce the financial pinch.

Last edited by Bikey Mikey; 11-05-11 at 02:57 PM.