View Single Post
Old 11-07-11, 01:24 AM
alsoran22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ C
i do hear a lot of "stay away from Sora" seems to be the thumb down shift thingy is the annoyance. anybody here ride microshift?

for me all Brifters and drivetrain will be an upgrade. i just dont want to buy low and upgrade early.
two comments

1. Sora is not that bad. I had Sora components on my first bike which I rode for 3 years and while it is clunky and not as intuitive as my current 105 components it is not as bad as many people make out. Just on a side note my wife has used Sora componets for the last six years and never had an issue. I am upgrading her Giant to 105 components not because she hates Sora but because it will make a cool xmas present. Going to surprise her and send the bikes for a service and then her bike will return with 105 and new wheels. Will hopefully be a nice surprise.

2. Get the best bike you can afford but then once you have bought the bike accept that is the best bike and ride it like you love it. I would dearly love to own a Cannondale Super Six but it isn't going to happen unless I win the lottery so I just accept that my bike is the best bike for me and love it.

Cheers,