Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gbg
The problem with wind is it is always a headwind

I've done centuries with high winds. Yeah, the wind does end. Sorry man, 30 mph? We ride in Santa Ana. Santa Ana winds?

Sorry man, but we ride mtns and wind, both end if you can tough em out.

I eat wind for breakfast!

The complex topography of the San Gabriel and San Bernardino mountain ranges forces the descending, seaward moving air through many passes and canyons, one of which is the Santa Ana Canyon. The Santa Ana winds reaching the Los Angeles Basin and San Diego County typically blow from the north to east and can reach high speeds. Local National Weather Service forecasters usually hold off calling winds Santa Ana winds until their speed exceeds 25 knots (28 mph / 46 km/h). Forcing the air through mountain gaps may further increase the wind speed. Therefore, Santa Ana winds may blow at sustained speeds of 40 mph (65 km/h) with gusts of 70 mph (112 km/h) and at times reaching 115 mph (185 km/h).

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weathe...6/alm06sep.htm

Wind is typical on our rides. Here is one with 30-40 winds. Yeah, after 30 miles, the wind died down. Even my wife rides in the wind.

check out the trees in the ride portion of the video

A climbing ride 2300 ft 30 miles up Cajon Pass with 30 mph winds..check out my wife's hair

42 flat miles with 30-40 mph winds. check out her hair, palm trees, and sand in the air.

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 11-07-11 at 08:44 PM.