View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 02:08 PM
tony_merlino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mithrandir
I get a lot of weird looks from people when I'm in stores with my helmet on. Whatever. Maybe I'll convince someone who's thought about it that it's possible. If fat guys like us can do it, perhaps it'll make them feel like lazyasses. Then again most of them will probably assume we're doing it because we have to.

The colder it gets, the more people stare at me out of the windows of their mobile cages. I get amused by that.
I hear you. I've made this one concession to vanity: I don't wear my helmet into the stores. I don't just take it off, either, because I get such a really severe case of helmet-head, I could probably get arrested. (Which is also what would probably happen if I decided to wear lycra nowadays )

So I carry a yachting cap, take off my helmet while I lock up the bike, and wear the cap into the store. Of course, whatever beneficial effects that would have had were probably nullified the other day, when I forgot to untuck my pants out of my sock and wandered around Staples with my white sweatsock over my right pants leg, halfway up to my knee ... I am definitely embracing my inner dork! I may do the cycling equivalent of a Full Cleveland and get myself a twill cycling cap...