Old 07-09-05, 10:18 PM
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok....been reading these and I guess I'll finally throw mine in.

In about 3rd grade, we had PE (Phys. Ed.) twice a week; on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Many kids used to wear shorts under their pants and remove their pants when we went out for PE so they could be better prepared for physical activity.

So one day, I decide to get smart and do the same. Only....I think I'm gonna be even smarter...I'm gonna get them off before the time for PE so I don't take up too much time by the door.

So I start taking my pants off 5 minutes before the time for PE while sitting in my desk. After a few minutes, I'm squirming because it's a tight fit and before you know it, I'm stuck with my pants half way down.

The teacher comes over to ask me what I'm doing and I explain I was trying to take my pants off for PE. She got all confused because apparently I had got the days mixed up and it wasn't PE day. I could just tell by her face that she just thought I was some super weird kid who was trying to take his pants off in class and got stuck in the desk.
Now, fast forward to 5th grade. My mom used to torture my brother and I sometimes doing "girly" things to/with us (my brother and I) because she never had a daughter to do them with. One night she made me sit down and put nail polish on me. I'm 10....thinking its a fun joke ........UNTIL afterward she realizes that she has no more nail polish remover and its too late to go up and get any as all the stores would be closed.

My mom being the good mother who was dedicated to our education still forced me to go to school in 5th grade with my nails painted bright red. What could I do? There was NO WAY that was going to make it all day unnoticed, so I had to play it off like I did it on purpose and trying to make a big joke out of it. I tried to make them laugh "with me" instead of "at me"....not sure how well that plan turned out.
Another story from 5th grade. My younger brother got gum in his hair; right in the collick. Being the good brother I told him that mom would surely pull his hair horribly by trying to comb it out, so let me take care of it. I got some scissors and pretty much cut all the hair to the scalp right at his collick (meaning well).

It was obvious super quick with his hair sticking up like punk rocker....it was so bad that my parents had to get his hair cut in to a crew cut (which was not cool in 1980). My parents thought that I was the devious bad boy for cutting his hair, so for punishment they made me get a crew cut too.

The next day at school, in the middle of the Florida summer I wore a skip cap to try to cover my head. Everybody was asking, what are you wearing a ski cap when its so hot for? Finally....one kid walked by me in class and grabbed the hat and ran with it....revealing my nearly bald head. The entire class laughed at me for what seemed like forever.