Old 11-10-11, 04:43 PM
fxrguy

Bikes: 09 Giant Cypress DX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Central Florida New Guy!

Greeting everyone. After reading so many of the great posts on this forum I decided to join. It seems almost every question I have is answered on here somewhere. I'm 61 years young and got back into bicycle riding a couple of years ago. I decided on an 09 Giant Cypress DX large frame bike and replaced the saddle with a Serfas E-Gell cruiser seat. Also installed a wireless speedometer/computer. I replaced the 38mm tires with 35 mm for a little more speed. I'm between jobs right now so I ride maybe 3 to four time a week around the Central Florida area mostly on the trails. Once I start working again I'll go back to being a weekend warrior. So far the longest ride I have done was only about 25 miles and I bought the new seat right afterward. My new seat is great and am looking forward to some longer rides. My Cypress Dx is a big bike and weighs about 32 lbs but it rolls really easy and is extremely sturdy. I cannot lock out the front shocks but have turned them all the way down for less travel. Next purchase will probably be a set of Ergon grip extensions. I have put about 1000 miles on the bike and have no problems. So that's it about me. Look forward to contributing my limited 2 cents now and then!