Bikes: 2005 Bianchi Axis, Motobecane Le Champion SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaci
Hi there ~
I'm brand new here.

I live in Indiana, and I'd like to buy a bicycle!

I rode quite a lot when I was younger (high school). I had a Schwinn World Traveler 10 spd. How I wish I still had that bike!

I am now 44, and I'd like a bike to help me get into better shape. I *need* to exercise bc well, you know, you get to be this age and everything softens up and heads the opposite direction of which it's been intended! Running was too hard on my joints, the treadmill is okay in the winter; I know I'll like biking. I intend to join a cycling group, too.

I see myself riding around my neighborhood; I'd like to build up to road riding, but more casual (not die hard serious). I'll prob. get into rides of 5-25 miles.
I was recently in the same situation as you (same age... used to ride a Schwinn... excepting that I live in NY). I chose a Bianchi Axis and I am enjoying it immensely! Cyclocross bikes seemed to be the most practical type for me. I was noting how handy it is today when I reached the end of the paved sections of some local bike trails and was able to keep right on riding on the stone dust sections. The triple front chainring offers some low gearing for an older, out-of-shape guy.

I'm glad I decided to increase my bike buying budget and get this model.

Check out the cyclocross bikes!

Good luck with your selection,
desmobob