View Single Post
Old 07-10-05, 05:05 PM
wingerspoon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schwinn Suburban Sport

Hello. I have a new interest in cycling and am looking for a good all around bike that I can ride on recreation trails and the road. I'm from Topeka, KS, but just got home from a trip to Columbia Missouri.

In Coloumbia I rented a Giant Sedona, to ride their trail. I rode 14 miles (I think thats a lot for a beginner) and I really liked it. So I talked with the salesperson and we talked all about hybrids and comfort and road bikes. He is a big biker, and know a lot...a lot of things I didn't understand. :-)

This morning I hit up the Colombia mall, where there was an MC Sports store. So I went straight to the bikes, just to see what they had. Me and a salemen started talking and he showed me a Schwinn Suburban Sport. I liked it a lot. It has the Shimano gear stuff, its 21 speed, seems to be very high quality. I took it for a spin and the gears are nice and quick, and the seat with a spring is real comfortable. It's $200

So I came home to Topeka today, and got on the computer to do some research. I looked EVERYWHERE and the only info I can really find on a Suburban Sport is the stores selling them (dicks sporting goods, mc sports, etc). All the prices were right around $200. So I found you guys, here, and a few other forums, and searched all of them...and still couldn't find anything. I EVEN checked all around the Schwinn website and couldn't find it! What's up with that?

So I'm wondering. Is the Suburban Sport a good bike for a recreational beginning rider? Is $200 a good price for the quality? I just need help on picking out a bike....and I really like this one...will it be good?

Thanks tons for info :-)...can't find it anywhere else.