Old 11-16-11, 10:05 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by baj32161
I hate to be a killjoy here, but, internet petitions have no validity at all. You need a LEGAL signature for a petition to be valid. I am all for this action, but you would get far greater results by actually writing your congressman or senator. If this petition even gets looked at, it will be a miracle. Please don't flame me but this could end up being a colossal waste of time and energy. If we think our elected representatives don't give a shyte about us now, they certainly won't care if we don't take the effort to express our displeasure in REAL and tangible ways.

Cheers,

Brian J.
Even with a "Legal signature" (whatever that is), a petition has no special validity. It is simply a means of showing support of - hopefully - a large number of people for an idea Nothing more, nothing less. And, yes, it is better to contact a legislator personally - but that is something that. few folks will actually do, while they may sign a petition.

I currently have a petition I started with over 12,000 signatures. The major benefit has been the comments that we have collected and used. These are very effective. This has been presented to congress and the President, among others.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

Also, the voluntarily supplied email addresses can be used to advantage in furthering the cause.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 11-16-11 at 10:09 PM.