Old 11-19-11, 09:10 AM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yearly Mileage Goals and the Trainer

I am not a goal-setter. Just never have been, my psychologist could tell you why, but it has nothing to do with cycling.

Now that I have bicycles again, I am finding myself setting goals (at 53, I guess it's not to late to start). In April, 1000 miles seemed a huge number, now it doesn't seem so much so.

Looking at establishing a goal for miles for 2012, as I find it really does help me focus on training and discipline, which is something I need to add to the equation. Other speed, weight, altitude, etc goals will fall in line as well.

But in looking at the mileage goal, do you folks count trainer miles when you talk about miles ridden for the year? Not gym bikes, but miles on your bike on a trainer.

Not asking to put myself in an egocentric spot of being able to brag on miles, but rather do you see them as being roughly equivalent, miles on the trainer v miles on the road. If it matters, the trainer miles are coming using Sufferfest videos (well, that's the plan starting in about an hour or so).

Thanks in advance...