View Single Post
Old 11-19-11, 04:30 PM
magohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baby its cold outside...

Just got back from a 25+ mile ride to Redmond and back and boy is it cold. Barely creeping above freezing (35 deg) but a lovely blue sky. I had fun dodging the patches of ice that lurk within the shadows and enjoyed the luxury of numb legs (because of cold) on the hills. Midway, I stopped off at Redmond REI and mingled with the "in-crowd" who were bundled up better than I as they walked from their heated cars into the temperature-controlled store. All wearing the latest North Face attire as they browse the $300 ski-sunglasses. On a Saturday afternoon, I was the only person in the store actually wearing outdoor clothing that was being used for its purpose - exercising in the outdoors. I shopped around but nothing caught my eye and left the store to brave the frozen tundra.

I take pride in still riding through the cold at this time of year and cant help but smirk at the disappearance of the "boys of summer" as I now have the bike lane to myself for the ride home.

The Trek Fx ran like a dream and never missed a beat and as I saw the lights of home my Garmin informed me that I have now officially ridden more miles this year than I did last year and with 1.5 months left to go in the year .

It was a great ride! How about you?

Last edited by magohn; 11-19-11 at 04:34 PM.