Old 11-21-11, 07:32 AM
Axiom
Fat Cyclist

Bikes: '11 Cannondale SuperSix Dura-Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I haven't always been a Clydesdale, in fact, I used to be a bean pole until my mother learned how to cook. Since she learned how to cook I would eat excess carbohydrates from the pasta (I am Italian) and I packed on weight pretty quickly. However, I started getting in to sports and most importantly, cycling, not too long ago. I have been trying to lose weight and I managed to go from 296 to 270 doing a keto diet, but that wasn't a good lifestyle change and I gained it back.

Fast forward to now..

I am 5'11 290Lbs. I have reevaluated my goals and my dieting and training, so I now visit the gym 4 times a week with integrated cardio each day (I get there with a bicycle of course) and on off days I do long rides. I have cut out all corn, refined foods, white bread, simple carbohydrates, fast food, etc. And I have replaced them with portioned meals of lean chicken, brown rice, spinach and eggs. Of course I eat other proteins and vegetables, the chicken and rice is a main staple in my diet. I have already lost around 9lbs and I hope to be 250 or less by this time next year.

I plan on doing triathlons and races in the future, and I also plan on becoming a competitive cyclist.