View Single Post
Old 11-23-11, 10:58 AM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
OK, it's a good message to WAKE UP AND WATCH OUT, for EVERYBODY.

I've been wondering along similar lines for some weeks now -- the 'ghetto' where I live is supposed to be a historically dangerous place; there have been many more shootings this year than in the past. For decades, young people have shunned sidewalks and have walked in the middle of the street, ostensibly for the safety factor of not being near shrubbery where predators can wait for them. WHY, THEN, ARE YOUNG PEOPLE (under about age 35) SO EASY TO SNEAK UP ON AND SCARE, WHEN I'M NOT EVEN TRYING TO DO SO?

BECAUSE THEY'RE SO WRAPPED UP IN THEIR OWN LITTLE UNIVERSES THAT THEY SHUT OUT THE WORLD -- just like the 'ragdolls' in the video.

EVERYONE has a personal responsibility to watch out for themselves, and stay out of harm's way; I don't just roll at a green light, I check to see that the cross traffic isn't trying to blow a light. I don't whip around a blind corner, I almost trackstand it, making sure no one's coming -- because I KNOW they aren't looking for ME!

Assume the presence of, and the exercise of, stupidity in others, and you will only be pleasantly surprised.