Old 11-24-11, 07:09 AM
Mithrandir

Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT, 1995 GT Outpost Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hounds2
i am 55 and just this summer bought a trek pure and put a little over 500 miles on it before i bought my gary fisher manona. i have put about 150 miles on it so far. i am 310 lbs. when i ride, i ride around 10-11 miles total. a month ago i rode our local rail trail 41 miles in around 3 1/2 hours. BUT, i needed to get off the bike about every 5 miles. even for just a minute, and i can go on. if i try and push it any further i start to get uncomfortable and my legs and hands say its time to stop. just a short rest and i'm on my way. i see people riding 10-15 miles non stop without any problem and they dont seem to be as strong as i am. my riding buddy tells me it will come, but i havent seen any change in a long time. i will never be able to ride any organized rides if i cant last longer. i do better in wind and on hills, but i cant ride any longer than i did in the spring . i'd appreciate your comments
Did you get the bike properly fitted when you got it?

What kind of saddle are you using? I had to get off every 5 miles before I got my brooks, now I can do 50 without getting off.