Axiom
Fat Cyclist

Bikes: '11 Cannondale SuperSix Dura-Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by goldfinch
Yes, that is all we can do. But being aware of internal and external factors that effect weight gain may help us exercise that responsibility. Plus, I don't believe in beating myself up--it just makes me feel bad and hopeless. Instead, I'd rather go the behavior modification route and try to find ways of thinking that help me not overeat. So instead of thinking that I am a lazy-ass that can't resist food it helps me to know that resistance is difficult for most anyone in my position and my nature in fact is not lazy. Or, if I am stressed or unhappy instead of eating I will try to find some other way to relieve the stress. Thank goodness for birding and bikes! Or, if my spouse makes fudge instead of trying to resist the fudge I ask him to give most away and hide the rest. I know I can't resist fudge if it is sitting in front of me. Etc.

Axiom, I love my soda. I know it is bad for me and comes in BPA coated cans. But I am picking my battles and I am not fighting this one for now.
I do too :-(

I didn't mention the fact that I am trying to avoid soda, and that it is still very hard for me. Good luck with your goals :-)