Old 11-27-11, 02:50 PM
Saugus18

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=jbchybridrider;13533617]
Originally Posted by Saugus18
jbchybridrider, I did a similar tire change to my bike, went from 42c (I think) slick/knobby tires, that were filled to about 50psi to these 28c Nimbus tires. I love these new tires and the bike really rolls nice now, but I sure feel every single bump in the road now. I got these filled to about 90psi. So its definitely a trade off on how the ride feels, bit I'm keeping the Nimbus tires on for now. Nice bike you have. How do you like the way your bike rides with those new tires?

You'll get use to them, at least you've got front suspension my other hybrid has 23mm tyres and no suspension and I can live with it.
Tyres are always a trade off, the great thing is tyres are probably the most easy thing to change to make the biggest change in feel and performance to our bikes.
I think I've actually developed a tyre fetish I,ve got so many I could almost start a tyre shop "not really" but I can change them for any kind of terrain or conditions.
I also find it interesting to note differences and advantages between them.
Tire fetish... sounds like a rubber fetish to me... Yeah I highly doubt the 45c tires will end up going back on my Crosstrail, unless I get another bike, which would definitely be more road oriented, then Ill put more off road knobbies back on my current bike for different riding.