Old 11-27-11, 05:53 PM
dnuzzomueller
Banned.

Bikes: something

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At the request / direction of another BFer I have come to this thread and he recommended that I share a few stories since I do work as a bike courier.

First thing I should ask is: Are we only allowed to tell "at work" stories, or are alleycat races valid?

In any case I will post some stories when I get a chance (perhaps later tonight) but I will pre-face the stories with a description of myself (Just for ****s, giggles, and so that future stories have a little context)

I don't follow the typical crowd in any sense really, or maybe I do, so when I go to work I do not ride a steel lugged frame fixie conversion. No that is not my style I like to ride my cyclocross bike and every now and then (On days when I either need a pick-me up or just REALLY nice days) I ride my carbon fiber road bike to work (While, yes I understand this is idiotic, atleast I don't use QR skewers on either bike. And if anyone wants to tell me "You shouldn't do that!" you can save it, I will ride how I want to ride and I accept the consequences, bikes are made to be ridden not hung on a wall). On top of the "high-end" bikes I typically am clean-shaven, wear a helmet, lack tatoos, wear cycling clothing (I use baggy mountain shorts for work, no skin-tight lycra although during the summer I was tempted). And just like any other courier (Or so I like to think) I have no problems bunny hopping curbs, salmoning streets at high speed and skitching cars.

So maybe the description was too long but it gives a little insight into why I tend to get the question "You are the courier!?" when I walk into offices. Regardless, stories later.