View Single Post
Old 11-28-11, 06:34 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mconlonx
I am vehemently not anti-helmet, but thanks for the assumption. I do, however recognize the correct thread for a debate or even commentary on helmet use and effectiveness, and it's most definitely not this thread.
The article that I included the link to was not too dissimilar to the incident in the article in the OP. Two cyclists minding their own business confronted with by a LEO who wanted them to pull over. In that article the LEO in question not only tased one of the cyclists but had also called for backup and if I remember correctly the officers that responded to the call for backup along with the original LEO proceeded to beat the snot out of the tased cyclist. Had he not been wearing a helmet things probably would have ended very differently for him.

Unless you're saying a helmet would have helped the tazed dead guy...?
It may have, we'll never know.

You know how contentious the helmet debate is, it has nothing to do with this thread, yet you insist on inserting it into this discussion?!?
I wasn't trying to turn it into yet another helmet debate. Just pointing out that in a similar incident where a LEO tased a cyclist that a helmet had saved him from serious injury.

What's the matter with you...?
What's the matter with you, if you can't see the similarities in the two cases and that in the first (not in order of being posted in this thread but chronological order) that a helmet probably saved a cyclist from serious injury, if not maybe death?

Take your helmet trolling someplace else, it has no place here.
How was I engaging in helmet "trolling?"