View Single Post
Old 11-28-11, 11:15 PM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodonn
Here we go again, having to slow down, look for Bubba in the driver seat through his dark tinted windows on a cloudy day, hoping that he doesn't kick his door open as I pass, all the while Bubba Jr gets to blast by me on the other side at 5 to 10 over without a care. Definitely something wrong with that picture.
Well, as much as it must disappoint you to know that the advice is good, I lived another month without incident or even close call and am still able to post about it ? If you know Bubba & Bubba Jr are still going to open car doors and drive like that, you must either be too stupid to figure it out for yourself or have a death wish to ride carefree thinking the road is your's and willing to stake your life that Bubba & Bubba Jr are going to change. Then even more brain dead for complaining that the motorists weren't prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law when you read the news story ? I mean you've probably dated a few women in your day ? This particular one was getting out of her BMW ? There's a story behind that too ? Was she on her way to a baby shower, a tupperware party, a birthday party or even a cosmetics party ? Where the last thing on her mind was a cyclist riding by her parked BMW ? I'll be the first to admit, I've seen women more concerned about getting their belongings out of the car with them at the same moment than they are for looking for a cyclist as they get out of their parked car. If you're smart enough to see that even once, you've got to be smart enough to take this situation into your own hands, I mean it is your life & bicycle that is at stake ? Something wrong with that picture ?