View Single Post
Old 11-30-11, 02:59 PM
jordo_99

Bikes: KHS John Howard (6500 Ultegra) - Quattro Assi XXX (6510 Ultegra/Neuvation wheels) - Gary Fisher Tasajara (Deore/LX)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only have rollers but I do like them quite a bit...As Dalai said, they're not very good for intervals unless you get a resistance unit. For a max effort the only thing stopping me is cadence...letting some air out of the tires adds resistance but noise goes up with it and I can still hit 130rpm in 53/12 (and I'm sure 53/11 if I switch cassettes).

I've only ridden my TT bike on them once but I had never gone down on the aero bars. It's something I'm going to be looking into doing in a month or so when I get my front derailleur fixed.

I don't see there being any issue with it. It could help you a lot for triathlon as rollers cause you to develop a more efficient and smoother pedal stroke to stay balanced. If you mash and throw your weight around on rollers your bike moves around too.

I don't own a trainer but if I can't find a good resistance unit for my rollers I'll be getting one for later in the winter when I start to train for speed/strength.

Bottom line...even if I get a trainer for hard workouts it's not going to replace my rollers. I'd just be doing what Dalai does