Old 12-01-11, 03:29 PM
Hugh Manatee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the catalog link, I think it is one of their hybrids or mountain bikes. There is a sticker with a make on the seat tube. I thought it had mostly flaked off, but it was just one of their abbreviated bike types. The MB-01 might be what the sticker is, it does have the suntour derailer(which is damaged), the others seems o have shimano. I'm going to look have to look around and price cassetts, chainrings, and derailers but at a glance I may be able to get this thing moving for about $50-80ish.

I'm still shopping around for something i can ride, I found this:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3631206&type=3

^ordinarily the library filters facebook and I can't see what the cave folk have posted, if they ever do post anything, dunno why I can get through now but turns out they recently posted their stock. The yellow one is apparently a Raleigh sprite, looks interesting, but i don't know if it would hold up 320#... there's also a couple of cheaper mountainy looking possibilities. I think they're technically girly frames but I could care less as long as it moves, however I as I understand it, the "girly" frame is slightly weaker then the standard diamond and that factor with that these look like low end department store frames concerns me....

one last question for the week: Micargi or Firmstrong cruisers, they look durable on paper, mostly steel parts, and come in 7 speeds. They seem to be available in the $230-250 range with the shipping factored in from smaller california based retailers. Not now, but eventually yall think they might support weight of a clyde? Is there anything about the geometry of a cruiser that might make it weaker, because even if they don't set land speed records they sure look comfy...