View Single Post
Old 12-03-11, 02:41 PM
bored117 

Bikes: Lynskey R230 DA DI2 ENVE 3.4 SES, 6KU Fixie, Cheap Aluminum Slapstick Trainer only bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dahon Speed TR drop bar mod +

It used to be that my Dahon Speed TR was the bike I started on everything. After about 3000 miles, I figured I wanted to try something a little better suited for distance (about 30 miles per day). Ended up getting Scott Addict and just loving it. Upgradities got me and now the Addict is totally souped up. And there are a lot of left over parts from it. Took a moment to think and decided, hell... might as well make Speed TR back in circulation (the reason I don't use it too often is the handlebar position being too high for my taste now that I am used to drop). Now on to good stuff.

Shimano 5703 105 shifter 3 speed on left, 10 sped on right. I had to get 3 speed shifter on left as mine was 2 speed... oh well... Not so surprisingly, the 3 speed shifter works just fine with the sram dual drive 3 speed hub (All SRAM and shimano front derailleur shifters do have same travel)

The travel agent for front. Works pretty good. Supernova E3 Pro for lighting things up. Salmon Pad for stopping power.
Travel agent on the back was hitting the rack. I had to put some spacers to make sure it didn't do that. (nothing functional... just getting rid of potential chatter and thunk every time I let go of brake).

Drive train. 105 derailleur, 10 speed 105 cassette (11-28), 105 chain (still usable), Sugino chain guard (plastic one disintegrated long time ago...), home made acrylic inner chain guard. Hey Thor.... when do you think you will have the inner chainguard back in stock?
I do have 105 crankset and it would work perfect. Just haven't bothered yet...

About 3 inch wider fold... I don't fold it often enough any more as I can cover full distance unlike I used to when I started... and having it as an option is always nice

If I can lower the handlebar area by another inch or so, it would be perfect but oh well...
Gave it quick whirl today and yes... it definitely is more fun this way for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SpeedTR-E3-Brake.jpg (99.8 KB, 130 views)
SpeedTR-RearWheel.jpg (102.9 KB, 121 views)
SpeedTR-Behind.jpg (80.6 KB, 125 views)
SoeedTR-Folded2.jpg (99.6 KB, 133 views)
SoeedTR-Guards.jpg (101.3 KB, 120 views)
SoeedTR-Folded1.jpg (97.5 KB, 140 views)
SpeedTR-Right.jpg (97.4 KB, 157 views)
SpeedTR-RearBrake.jpg (94.7 KB, 123 views)
SpeedTR-Left.jpg (96.1 KB, 157 views)