Old 12-04-11, 08:58 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 38 Posts
<sigh>. The bike appears to be in very good original condition. You are correct that the mid-80's tourers are fetching a high price (which I think is ironic because we could not but give them away in the mid-80's...which is why they mostly disapeared after about 1985 with a few exceptions ...520, Voyager, 1000LT, and maybe 1-2 others).

I think it boils down to 1). does it fit you?...most important, 2). how long have you been looking 3). how quickly do you need it, 4) is THIS the bike you WANT.

The bottom line is that from what I can tell from the pictures, it is a fair price, IMHO. Not a screaming deal, but probably better that others you have seen. It is a solid touring bike that would also do well as basic transportation, commuting, or whatever you throw at it. The Odysseys seem to be a bit more rare than some of the other full touring rigs, so that may or may not figure into your thought process. If you intend upon touring, you will have another few hundred $$ in racks, panniers, etc.