Old 12-05-11, 08:54 PM
joeturner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kinlin XR-300: Are they terrible or am I just unlucky?

A couple months ago I decided to get into power training, so I built up a wheel with PowerTap SL+ and Kinlin XR-300. I got a couple good rides in with it, but then I wiped out, denting (and slicing) the rim in the process. This past weekend, I finally had time to build up the same wheel, just using a new Kinlin XR-300 (I probably would have used a different rim, I just didn't want to have to buy new spokes as well). On my first ride, I hit a medium-sized pothole–one that I've probably hit a couple times on my Bontrager SSR–felt a pulsing on the brakes, and then hear the tire deflate. Of course, I had dented my brand new XR-300. This begs the question, are the Kinlin rims just terrible quality or super weak? When I was deciding on which rim to use, people seemed to love the Kinlin. Of course, you're not supposed to wipe out or hit potholes, but these seem very, very weak. Luckily, my newer rim is fixable (no slicing this time, so I could probably bend it back into shape)–however I'm questioning whether I should just start anew, maybe with the Mavic Open Pro. But have other people had issues like this with the Kinlins, or do I just have terrible luck?