Old 12-06-11, 05:27 AM
jbchybridrider 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 149 Posts
Panda your spot on with your assessment of old MTB's turned hybrid not only are they interesting to look at and the cool factor but seem to have huge potential for customizing and fitting to your needs.
There frames feel great to ride solid yet comfortable able to take huge tyres or skinny tyres.
Many older mtb's have excellent brazed on rack mounts on the seat stays and the frames take a lot of weight. I've even seen a 700c Bianchi mtb from long before the 29er craze from around mid 80's early 90's.
I have a 89 Peugeot mtb and with my current back problems it looks like the best bike I have that I can set up for my comfort needs and I have many to choose from.
Also road bikes can be set up well with flat bars but if comfort is what your looking for a mtb is a better starting point and stronger for carrying loads "thats my opinion anyway"

Here's my bike mostly original. Since this pic I've fitted a 3ttt stem 20mm shorter and bought Scott Pedderson canti arms.
I have a Kalloy adjustable stem also so if I wanted I could sit totally vertical, maybe if I have a spinal fusion sometime in the future

kaOuse, I always pay respects on Anzac day