BamaRider

Bikes: 2009 Specialized CrossTrail Sport, 2011 Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'73 Capri's Rule !

Originally Posted by BluesDawg
I have a feeling I would not have been allowed through the gate to your neighborhood.

I mostly drove a series of hand me down, worn out POS cars. The '73 Mercury Capri V6 that I somehow convinced my parents to buy while I was in HS was my favorite car to drive. Most of the cars I've bought were inexpensive and practical more than fun.
I'd say my all time favorite car was a motorcycle. My '75 Kawasaki Z-1B 900. I loved that bike and have no idea how I lived through owning it.
I had a '73 Capri V6 in HS, too (I hope it wasn't the same one ) Red with black trim, with the obligatory rust stripes over the wheel wells. Biggest POS car of all times, and I loved it. I learned how to get out of places where I wasn't supposed to be.

Drive home (50 miles) with no clutch pedal? No problem!

Battery dead and no jumper cables? No problem!

Sunroof stuck open in January? No problem!

Carb fire in a McDonalds parking lot? ok, small problem.

Years later, as an adult, I bought a '74 MGB. My car buddies asked why I would buy (and drive) one of those unreliable old things. "Easy, I'm Capri trained"

Greg

edit: I happened to drive past my old HS girlfriends house one day and there is still a huge oil stain in the road where I used to park more than 30 years ago. I guess the Capri legacy lives on.

Last edited by BamaRider; 12-07-11 at 10:11 AM.