View Single Post
Old 12-08-11, 07:14 AM
lynchpool

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need a bike and some advice please

Hi I live in London and have just got a new job which requires a cycle-train-cycle commute. So a fold up bike is definitely needed.

I am 30 years old, male, 1.90cm tall, about 70kilos and healthy although I have not cycled regularly for a number of years.

I am looking forward to the cycle commute as I also see it as an opportunity to increase my fitness. The cycle parts of the journey are 2miles and 3 miles but include hills and backroads. I imagine these roads will also get quite icy in the winter but there is no public transport.

My employers have informed me they do not have a cycle to work scheme so unfortunately I am on a bit of a budget. However I am still more than happy to pay upto £500.

As a preference I would like mud guards and if possible a chain protector guard for my clothes although this is not a major issue.

I have been looking and have seen a Dahon Vitesse P18 2011 Folding Bike which seems like a good bike to me but I wanted to get some expert opinions. I seem to read differing opinions on Dahon bikes, some saying they are great and good value whereas others say they import their parts from taiwan, implying they are cheaply made and thus expensive for the quality you get ????

I do not mind what brand it is but I would like to know what some of your opinions are.

Many thanks for all your help,

Conor