View Single Post
Old 12-08-11, 10:45 AM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DubT
If flying I can understand the desire for couplers but if driving I would not add the weight and expense. Our lightweight tandem fits into the back of our Chrysler Pacifica very easily.
One of the members of the Florida PANTHERS Tandem Club, (who is about 6'2", BTW, and loves his Seven tandem), fits his UNcoupled tandem in the back of his Prius! Both wheels off, of course, and he made his own .... diaper, if you will, that covers the entire drive train!
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike