Age 60 - All road bikes:
Independent Fabrication Titanium Crown Jewel
Colnago Master XL
Specialized S-Works Roubaix
Trek Gary Fisher Lane
1980s Specialized Sirrus
Jamis Eclipse
Habanero Titainum Team Issue

To me the key factor in picking a bike is if the cockpit (seat, top tube, bars -both drop & reach, stem, head tube height etc.) is correct for the type of riding. Flat bars and drop bars can both work. However, all mine are dropbars, because it gives me more choices in body position while on the bike. Let me give you three examples of what I mean by different cockpits:

1. The Indy Fab is my go fast - all day bike. Hence, it is built for all day comfort at a reasonable cruising speed. The head tube is a bit higher and the reach is a medium reach compared to my other bikes.

2. The Colnago is my go fast - short ride bike. The cockpit on this has me stretched out and in a much more aerodynamic position. After about two hours, I've typically had enough and want something a bit less aero.

3. The Trek Gary Fisher Lane is my commuting bike. It has the shortest cockpit and keeps me in the most upright position, something I find very useful when navigating in heavy commuter traffic.

Last edited by NOS88; 12-13-11 at 02:11 PM.