Old 12-12-11, 03:31 PM
Dean_Fuller

Bikes: 2011 Trek Madone 4.7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter_C
Hello, feel free to ask me whatever you want? I too am a Rover owner. I've had mine for a year now. If there wasn't a dealer close by, the Rover would have cost $899.00 plus $149 for shipping. Now they are $995.00 plus $189 for shipping. Perhaps she added some stuff to her Rover? Better tires? Fenders? Water bottle holder? Etc...

I weighted 360lbs when I bought mine. My only issue is due to my health issues, and having hills around me, the stock gearing on the 8-speed was not low enough for me. By changing out the front sprocket, I've lowered the entire gear range.

It is like riding a rolling lawn chair for comfort. Zero pain created by the trike. I've had some 8-13hr riding days (I am slow), and enjoyed every minute of those days - on my upright bike I was only good for about 20 miles without pain.

Things to think about??

How will you transport your trike? Mine rides in the back of my Tucson fine.

Do you ride by yourself, or with groups of bike riders? On a trike, you will be 2-3mph slower than you are on a bike - but most trike riders do not care due to both the comfort level and the fact that they can see more stuff around them - since you do not have to worry about balance any longer, you can focus more on the scenery. You can go as slow as you like up hills - pause when you like, and continue on. You always have a comfy chair when you stop for a break too.

You can even pay a fee to transfer the lifetime frame warranty if you so chose.

For me, the change from bike to trike was the best choice I had made in a long time. I plan to ride the Gap this summer on mine. Good luck to you~!

Thanks Pete for your responce. Lots of good info there. My needs do not require a trike...they just LOOK like a ton of fun to ride. I'm sure I will end up with one one day.

Dean