View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 07:57 PM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
He had a prosthesis. He couldn't use it at the time. He had a tremendous amount of swelling in his stump and a wound vac in place from complications. He had me try and figure out a way to use the bike while back at home with his parents. He would remove his vac all the time. Very non-compliant which is why he had the infection to begin with...but as of december, the vac is gone and he is back in New mexico where he is living now. MTB stayed in Pa. I don't have any pics. He has been working for veteran amputee advocacy. And from his facebook posts, He is starting to run again which was his true passion. Cycling was something he did before so he could compete in triathlons. I see additional posts below his all the time from his family yelling at him to give it time and be patient but he's pushing again. That's just him. Punkncat, What type of device did you go with? I believe Ryan went with a carbon fiber design that could take the flex of running. Does BLT sound like a type? We told him Softride could be his new sponsor.

I had a private message sent to me also, the message basically said they were confused by the BKA and thought i meant bilateral. not bilateral, it meant Below The Knee. And no, that wasn't a dumb question. It was a good question and i am sure more than just you wondering. Cheers.