Old 12-13-11, 10:25 PM
Charlie_Zulu
Psychonaut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
You don't have to do this if a) you use plenty of grease on the axle threads and b) tighten the right and left sides sequentially by first just snugging the right nut, then the left nut, then further tighten the right, then the left, then really tighten the right only. Also, make sure the nut washers are not binding on the nuts. Finally, use locknuts with serrations on them that grip the dropouts when tightened.
Hey, thanks for the tip TT. These Paul hubs use bolts to secure the rear wheel axle to the dropouts and they use a sort of integrated washer that ensures that the outer portion of the dropouts do not receive any friction from tightening the bolt.

Regarding the decals. I would keep them all if they were applied correctly. The fact that the shaped headtube does not receive the flat sticker kills it for me. I believe the frameset is of very good quality for the price and I would show my pride in the brand if they had put just a bit more effort into it. Having said that, I can't think of a reasonable alternative given the low MSRP.

Pic not related.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010003.jpg (99.3 KB, 256 views)