Old 12-15-11, 04:32 PM
NigelHealy

Bikes: 3 Bromptons, M2L-X, S6L-X/BWR. S6R/SRAM/Schlimpf, Novara Roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chagzuki
How do you find the Brompton saddle when you switch from one with a Brooks?
The Brooks B17 saddle is the most comfy.
The Brompton new saddle, its a bit harsh and the ridge, between the top and the side, is noticeable. Its not as BAD as the older Brompton saddle, doesn't bottom-out wack hard, but not as good as Brooks.

I'm just starting out preparing to swap a lot of parts around, I just ordered new chains, have already new sprockets, new Ergon grips, and will get some Velox which is infinitately better than the crap Brompton use, then will be moving stuff around.

One thing I need to figure out is doing Ti actually make for a comfier ride, because I only really need Ti on one Brompton, in theory, for weight reasons, and so release some $ by selling one Ti. If however Ti has comfort advantages, I'd keep Ti.

I do 100+ miles day rides and the ultimate problem is comfort, the fitness sorts itself out. My limit is about 130miles/day and that is down to a shoulder problem. I know Ergon GR2 is better than Brompton's foam, will be trying it on the longer S-bar (my older S-bar is from 2007, its about an inch longer now) and do that on Ti vs Steel forks to see if any comfort difference.