Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I Know I'm Smitten When:

I buy something like this!

Yes, I did!

Okay, okay - I'm really, really protective of my Look 566, and I do NOT like to ride it on errands and in crappy weather. I don't want to chance it getting stolen and I don't like abusing it in foul weather. My old mountain bike just doesn't suit me on the road, and the old Centurian I borrowed from a girlfriend doesn't either (and it's not mine, so I'm NOT going to abuse it or risk it disappearing). So, I got it in my little head that I wanted a "beater bike" for a daily driver. Not just any beater bike, mind you. It had to have a certain amount of panache, it had to be capable, reliable, and suit my need to ride like I think I'm a twenty something (or something). I was looking at the likes of "entry level bikes" - Windsor Fens, Motobecane Vent Noir - 105 bikes, and they just weren't what I would term as having "panache". So, I was looking for an "older" bike, and I found this one. It's 19 pounds, it has an Ultegra group, it's a triple, it has the lighter Mavic CXP 33 wheels (I think they may be lighter than the Fulcrum racing 7's I was going to put on it), it's a carbon frame (with aluminum joiners, kinda cool), and it certainly has panache! I'm going to stick a nice bright tail light on it, a big seat wedge, and load my Kryptonite Lock in my backpack and have at it. I really think I'd enjoy this bike on our (sometimes fast) group rides, too, and I'll bet it's a decent climber.

Yes - I'm either crazy or smitten. I'll go for the smitten!

Last edited by sarals; 12-24-11 at 08:37 PM.