View Single Post
Old 12-26-11, 12:28 PM
Foldable Two

Location: Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA

Bikes: 2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bruce, VERY NICE, but now you have the responsibility of wiping all the fingerprints off the frame!

No new bikes for me - I'm at the current self imposed limit of three, however, wife had only two since her beach cruiser (a beautiful Blue, Giant Simple 7) was stolen from our garage last summer in Ventura, CA. She had a dream recently about a 'City Bike' with matching racks (and some pedals that don't really exist). Just happened to see a real version of it online (at Bikes Direct), and she decided she'd spend some of the money that had unexpectedly come into her hands for the bike.

Arrived in the Christmas rush via UPS in beautiful state. Did final assembly, greased and adjusted fasteners, and had to do minor truing of front wheel. She has only ridden it around the block for now - we have been out here on the coast most of the time - but she reports the 8-speed Nexus hub shifts really, really smoothly.

We will see if I can keep up with her on my cruiser.

Any other new bikes out there?

Lou

Last edited by Foldable Two; 12-26-11 at 12:32 PM.