Old 07-14-05, 10:14 PM
steveknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well from what I have read here most don't understand how the hub works. Its pretty simple and it uses a piece of elastomer as the shock. the hub does work fairly well and will smooth out road hum and small bumps. But that’s about it. it is like using a bigger fatter tire at low PSI while using a thinner tire at higher PSI. The only complaints I had about mine are is that it causes some shuddering while braking and you need to have someone adjust the brake pads while you sit on the bike. The brake pads can rub on the wheel when no one is on the bike.
As you can see in the pic this is the inside there is a second axle that fits in with a bar that rests on the elastomer. Not much to it really. My complaint was they shipped me the hub with no grease in the bearings when it locked up I sent it back they replaced them under warranty with bearing with no grease they rusted again and replaced them again with no grease. I finally got wise checked the bearings and greased them myself.
The concept works ok and it is not too heavy. But it is only for small bumps and it does make the ride nicer. Plus there is no power loss like in a regular suspension setup.